Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lord, thank you for being my comforter, friend, my God.  I want to lift up our church today.  Lord bring us workers.  Help us to be strong and mighty in our few numbers.  Give us a spirit of love and compassion.  Keep our eyes focused on you and you alone.  As we have read in your word this week, everything is meaningless and a chasing after the wind unless you are our center.  Lord the word meaningless keeps ringing in my ear as I see the people of this world moving around like ants.  Meaningless, meaningless.....I, as your child, have such hope and joy.  I see lost people all around me living such meaningless lives and they don't even know it.  Moving in and out of days and for what?  Thank you that I can see past the routine of my daily life to an eternal life with you.  I do sometimes feel that things I do are meaningless.  Forgive me Lord. Remind me that you give me the very breath that I have.  How can anything I do be meaningless when you are supplying all my needs.  I praise you for the work you are constantly doing in the life of my family and church.  Keep us in your care.  I ask all these things in Jesus name. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment